Friday, October 16, 2015

The Unsearchable Wives! Army CID Wives




I ,like so many of us have searched for  internet trying to find answers. To find those who I fit in with and who could help me along my way. 

Sadly I have not yet found my place or anyone who are in the same spot I am in life. 

My current search is for Army wives like myself  in my husbands future field. 

However my luck is not going so well at this point. 

There are so many of us who find our selves spending our times searching for others like us. 

My searches have not left me with much information on my husbands hopefully future job. 

CID is one of those jobs where you can't find out much about what your husband will be doing. Finding other wives to give me information has been way more difficult that I ever thought it would be. I have came to the point that I am seeking out those groups of wives that can help me. The ones who know not to ask any questions about their spouses job. 

The FBI wives ( as I am told that their husbands jobs are just like the CID. ) The lovely wives who blog have helped me to understand more of what I should expect as a CID wife. 

Both jobs are Federal Agent jobs. 
in both jobs you will find that you move around.

Expect that your husband will be working all of the time. He pretty much will always be on call and can't go more than an hour away. 

The hours are long but the way I see it as long as my husband loves his job. I can deal with what ever hours he has to work. As a Army wife I already deal with that so I do not think that it will be much different. 

I have read the Army's regulations on what you need in order to put in a packet to become CID. 

It is all pretty basic stuff but the waiting seems to take forever. 

CID School is like 9 weeks long. 

I hear that when your husband gets orders for school he will also have his pcs orders attached. Thus far I can not tell you if it is true or not as we haven't gotten that far yet. 

I will be excited to pcs and I honestly can not wait until we get orders to any where but here. 

My search is still going on.... I will post more information once I find it. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask! 


2 comments:

  1. I know you said you would post updates when you have new information, but gotta ask if you've learned anything more? My husband is interested in CID, as well, and I'm in the same boat as you with the lack of info. Thanks in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned that there are CID wives groups on facebook, they are just harder to get into with out someone helping you. If you arent yet added please feel free to let me know and I will put you in contact with them. My husband however decided to go a different way with his career.

    ReplyDelete