Saturday, October 15, 2016

That PCS Itch That Just Wont Quit


I know I can not be the only one who get it!

First off  for those newer to or not in the Military Life style.
PCS is Permanent Change of Station.

I guess I just love to move and explore some where new. 
Because I am going crazy and I want to move so badly.
It is like for real killing me!

I know that moving is stressful, annoying and it means that I will have to research where ever we are going and maybe even having to apply for command sponsorship. 
None of that matters I am just ready!

It has been almost two years since we have moved.... okay well not fully. We bought our house less than a year ago but still. For me I just love to move around and staying still is annoying.We have been wanting to move since well a few months after we got here. With not loving any of the wives at Fort Leavenworth. Not really enjoying it here until we moved into our new house. We have our list all ready for where we would want to move. Like every other Military wife out there .... or so I thought. 
I am an Army wife and the way the Army works is that your MOS ( job ) can go to select Army post. Some jobs can go pretty much any where but my husbands job can't.
We only have a few places where we can go so we know our list and where on that list we would rather go. 
When the time comes we will get a list of open positions for his MOS and rank. From that he pretty much picks which one he wants and he " applies " to get that job at that duty station. That starts when ever they say it starts and then we wait. Either the higher ups say okay and he gets the spot or he gets told no. If he gets told no he either applies for a different spot or if there are no spots then we play the " Hurry up and wait " game. 
Which is what we have been doing for the past year, just waiting to see what his options are. 
Hopefully we can get some good options and get to pcs with in the next year. 

My best friend is a Air Force wife and I just learned from her. That the Air Force can not do that same thing. That they have to go where ever they are told they are going. 
That you can be kicked out of the Air Force for denying orders. However we are hopeful to get to maybe pcs to the same duty station. I just learned about the equals list and though I do not understand how it works fully. 
So this is a learning process with having my best friend marry into a different Branch of the Military. I am just so blessed that she explains the new things that are part of her life to me. So that we still stay connected. It doesn't matter what branch a wife is in because we are all Military spouses. 

I love knowing that I have friends who understand wanting to PCS. I know I am not totally crazy since other wives feel the same way. I think the wait to find out where we will be moving is the hardest thing about the Military wife life right now. Deployment would be so much harder but for my husband that is not an issue right now. 

I personally know that I would love to go to South Korea. That is at the top of my list right now and I wish we could get lucky enough to find out we got orders to South Korea. 

However the place that we have been stationed that I really loved was. Fort Bragg, NC . 

I know I know so many people say they did not enjoy Fort Bragg but I really loved it.... that could be because I am a NC girl. It could be because I had so many great friends there that even the bad times where pretty good. 

If you have a duty station you love or hate feel free to share you opinion with the rest of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment