Monday, August 27, 2018

The Broke Wife's Christmas Plan





December 25th ..... Of every single year ..... Christmas happens.

Every year we know it is coming and every single year we hear the same things asked.
All over social media, there are people asking.

 How to get Christmas gifts for less?
How to pay for Christmas gifts?
What places are offering free Christmas gifts to those in need?


Well, I have been the family in need. The single mother working a million hours a day but still not able to pay the bills and give my kids the Christmas I thought they deserved. 

It has been a while since I have been there but I have picked up a few tricks along the way. 

Heres my list of how you can provide your kids or loved ones with the gifts that you want to get them. For free or a fraction of the cost it would normally cost you. 

1. Microsoft Rewards! 

Okay so this one is so simple a child could do it, But I believe they have to be 18 years old. I could be wrong and it could be 13 years old. You will have to do your own research on that matter. 
However, it is honestly so very simple. 
You log in on your phone/tablet/laptop and you do the items listed there for points. 
Searching Bing on a laptop or desktop computer you get a set amount of points.
As well as for mobile searches either a cell phone or tablet. 
It takes about  10 minutes a day to do and the rewards are so worth it.

You can shop on the Microsoft store, Xbox store, play station store as well as to donate to a number of causes. 
But My daughters favorite is that I can get her Starbucks gift cards to use on my Starbucks account.
The points add up pretty quickly. 

This year I bought my son the wrestling Xbox one game that he has been wanting all year. 
It was 100% free thanks to Microsoft rewards. I will have at least one month if not 2 to 3 months worth of FREE Xbox live gift cards by the time Christmas gets here.
So my kids can play online with their friends and yall be smart add a prepaid card on your live accounts so that your child can not. Spend $100's on crazy things online that they do not need. ( Be smart about your childs online gaming if you allow it. only allow them to play woth people they know. My kids can only play with their cousins or friends that I know very well. ) 

2. VeryDice 

This is an app you download on your tablet or phone. 
All you do is roll the dice and you get free things from Amazon. 
( with free 2-day shipping )
You can do many things to get extra rolls such as surveys, watch 30 seconds or fewer videos.
It is one of my kid's favorite games to play. 
I have gotten 20 free items over the past year from this app. 
Last Christmas we used it and got 8 gifts for my kids Christmas. 
This year so far we have about 6 Christmas gifts and about 6 birthday gifts. 
I have even gotten a $55 water table for our 2-year-olds birthday. 
This game is so much fun and I can't wait to see what other items I will get for free for my kids. 

3. Shopping Sales

Yes, I know that this is no secret, However, it is one that so many don't use as often as they should. 
I buy my kids many clothing items after the season is over and they have huge clothing sales. Places such as Crazy8 and Children's Place often have shirts and shorts for $1 or less and Jeans as low as $3 to $4 each. 
I buy a size bigger so that my children are currently in so that they will have them next year.
That way they have clothes ready and willing whenever the next season comes. 
I am a mother of four so let me tell you that when I see that price in my cart I get excited.
More so when I see the value of the items at 200% more than I paid in most cases.
I have never been so proud as I am when I get to tell my hubby all the money I saved.... Though I admit that I do wait until the huge boxes show up at my door and I see my husbands face. The shock of " oh my goodness wife how much money did you spend this time." It makes my heart happy to know that I am saving my family so much money. 
Plus ya know a wife has to be able to get her amusement somewhere. 








No comments:

Post a Comment