Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Shopping Name Brand For Less



I am not a pro by any means when it comes to saving money. 

It is something I personally work on every single day. There is never a day where I feel like I can not work on saving money. I don't save money because we are poor, my husband doesn't make enough money etc. 

I do it because I really enjoy saving money and seeing the numbers in our saving account get larger. 

One of the ways I have found to save money. 

It is all about timing! 

 I am a huge fan of store that give away discount codes!

My kids are like every other child out there. The want to wear nice clothes and we want them to be dressed well. 
We believe in children representing their families well. 
( I have an up coming blog all about this ) 

However I do not like to spend $100's of dollars on my kids clothes in what seems like a never ending battle. 

Shopping when store such as Crazy8 , Childrens Place, P.S  Aeropostale are our favorites. Though I will say that Crazy 8 is my personal favorite place to shop. 

On the average year I have a budget for $600 to $800 a year on clothes for my kids. $300 to $400 for the spring/summer months and the same amount for the fall/ winter months. I know that that is A LOT of money compare to some other families out there. 
 ( Though we do donate clothes my children have out grown before we bud any new clothes ) 

I like to wait until the online stores have the 60% or more off on there clothes and then on top of that. I normally use a 20% off my whole order discount code. ( yes those things really happen and I love seeing that I get normally a goal of 80% off my order. ) 

When it comes to deals like that I normally spend more money than I plan to. Lucky for me, I always tell my hubby I am going to spend more than I really will. That way he always feels that I am doing great and saving money.... yes I tell a white lie to him. I admit it and I have told him that so times but ya know he is a man and doesn't care much about shopping. 

I know from watching these kinds of sites that May/June , October , January is when I see the best sales going on. That is when I shop for the next season to come or sometimes if the deals are really good like these $2 or less tops or play shorts. I love to stalk up and I will buy items a size up for the next year or even for Christmas. 

It might sound crazy but if I can buy my kids name brand clothes for less than I would spend if I bought their clothes at walmart or a used clothes store. Then YES I will bust my butt to get those good deals. 

You don't have to spend a ton of money to buy name brand clothes!!

Everyone who knows me, knows I am always shopping. 
They all make comments to me about my kids clothes and how they always seem to have new clothes and guess what this is my secret! 
I  buy clothes a year in advance or a few months in advance. 
I store the clothes I buy normally in my closet or in my basement because that seem to be the " catch all " places.
This year adding a new baby to the mix and I already have started to shop for next summer. 


Yes I got each item ^^ for between $1 and $2.99 and my youngest son already has a nice collection of summer clothes for this coming spring/ summer.  

I am by far not a pro at saving money but I am learning more and more every day. If you have any tips to help save money in any area of life. 


Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment