Saturday, June 6, 2015

Power of the sisterhood


Yesterday I found myself scrolling down my facebook news feed when I read a post from Ashley Netzer stating.  



            STOLEN!!!! Please help me get my baby carrier back. This was the one I desperately wanted for so long and is now discontinued. Stolen on post at JBLM Wa. Thank you! "

There I found myself feeling angry about someone stealing from another spouse.
Thinking that it would be okay.

Im not a baby carry wearing kind of mom but then again my kids are 8 yrs and 9 yrs old so there wasnt many carriers out there back when my kids were little. 

I found myself angry about the whole ordeal and it wasnt even my business. 

Today I woke up to see if hopefully Ashley had been lucky enough to have her Tula returned to her. However that is NOT what I awoke to see and oh how the update shocked me. 
 I found a wonder lady had mad a GO FUND ME page for Ashley. 

To help pay for her to be able to get a Tula, maybe not the same one that she had as that one has been discontinued at this time. However it has shown me and many like me that the power of the Military wife community.

Becca Ryan Falkey a Army wife her self  created the page to help show Ashley that even though someone stole her tula that there are people out there. Who will support her and show her how much the community cares about her. 

On the Go Fund Me account you will find this statement from Becca.

" Ashley's Tula was stolen out of her car which was parked in her personal driveway. I wanted to show her that as a community we can come together and support each other to make up for the scum bag that took it! "

After only 14 hours the goal of the $200 to buy Ashley a new Tula was met. 

Thanks to a few awesome giving people who wanted to make up for what someone unknown had done. 

The support of the community is beyond anything I could think it would be. I honestly wish that I could have done something to help her. but the amazing efforts of the Military sisterhood once again come though! 

If you want to know more about the story
check out the link below.
The amount of support and shares of this story proves that when your in need that the Military sisterhood will come though. We try every day to be there for one and other through the good times and the bad. 

I am so blessed to be part of such an amazing community that is truly there for each other. 

I hope that this kind of love and support will keep going to show every Military wife that the sisterhood stands!
That there are people that will be there for you and that together we can reach any goals we set!




No comments:

Post a Comment