Monday, July 20, 2015

Simple Cajun Pasta




I love to cook, Really nothing is better then cooking for my family every night though I love to go out as well. 
 My Recipe tonight is very simple, and its something that anyone can make in a matter of 30 mins.

I dislike when people say " I don't cook because it takes too much time." Cooking can be very fun and even can help take the stress out of your life. 

What you need, 

I used 2 boneless skinless chicken breast.(I don't like a lot of meat) 
 1 pound of Penne pasta
Sliced Red peppers.( in a jar because it is fast and easy )
Heavy Whipping Cream ( 1pt )
Mrs. Dash original blend
Cajun spices 
1 bag of Italian Cheese ( 16 oz bag )



* Cut The Chicken ( what ever amount you want to use ) into 
pieces then cook however you normally would cook in the frying pan. ( I use butter but that is just how I am ) 
* Boil your water for your pasta and boil the pasta as you normally would. 
* Once your pasta is boiling start your chicken. 
 ( I use the Mrs. Dash to season the chicken while I cook it. however it is up to you.)

* Once all your Chicken is fully cooked add the peppers 
 ( or anything else you would like, Mushrooms, different colored pepper, tomatoes, onions. )


* Once Everything has been fulled heated pour in your heavy whipping cream. 

* Add Cajun spices to taste. I do not measure the amount I use I just add it until it taste good to me. Not much is needed. 


* Allow it to simmer for a about 4 minutes

* Then add the Whole bag of shredded cheese, slowly stirring it in and allowing it to melt. 

* Once your pasta is done cooking drain it and mix you chicken, cheese , heavy cream mixture into the pot with your drained pasta.

Mix It all together and then pour it into your serving bowl or serve it out of the pot It don't matter. 



I normally serve this pasta with Texas toast because to us that is the best combination. 
My husband is a pretty picky eater  
as are our two children. 

This is one meal I know every time my family will eat with out any problem. 

Enjoy and feel free to comment and let us know how you liked it. 

( I am NOT a pro. Chief I am just a mom trying to cook new and easy meals for my growing family and friends. )


1 comment:

  1. this looks so good and very simple to make, i will be trying this recipe out thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete